Undergraduate Programme for Digital Media Arts
(Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools)
学科门类：艺术学 二级类：设计学类 专业编号：130508
Discipline: Arts Secondary discipline: Design Major Code:130508
I. Cultivation Objectives
Inputting advanced educational resources from the UK, this major aims to cultivate good scientific and artistic quality under the guidance of the talent training concept of "humanistic background, artistic accomplishment, scientific and technological content and international vision". Multiple compound applied design talents who can make use of a variety of modern digital media art design tools for art design and creation. Enable students to have good artistic literacy and scientific thinking ability, better master the basic theory and knowledge of information science and computer science, possess professional knowledge and quality of new media art design practice, and skilfully master a variety of digital creative tools. With forward-looking design innovation ability, Can quickly integrate into industry practice to engage in visual application research and development in the field of new media, such as new media visual design, digital film and television production, mobile media video production, mobile platform interactive experience design, new media information visual design and virtual interaction. After graduation, students can engage in information vision research, design, planning, new media project development and management in state organs, institutions of higher learning, cultural media companies, network service companies, film and television production companies, game design companies, advertising design companies, museums, cultural centres, publishing houses and other related enterprises and institutions.
1: Good political and ideological quality, strong sense of social responsibility and noble professional ethics;
2: Have perfect professional knowledge system structure of digital media art and solid professional practice ability;
3: Have good research ability, advanced design innovation consciousness and keen market observation;
4: Have a strong ability of autonomous learning, the concept of sustainable development, a wide range of international vision;
5: Strong ability of teamwork, communication, organization and coordination.
II. Programme Outcomes
The Speciality Programme Outcomes
1. Moral and artistic accomplishment: adhere to the correct political direction, practice socialist core values; have a scientific world outlook and positive attitude towards life; have a strong sense of social responsibility and good professional ethics; have good artistic accomplishment and aesthetic ability, be able to take Chinese cultural spirit as the foundation, and have strong cultural self-confidence;
2. Professional knowledge and skills: have professional cognitive ability, master the basic theory and core knowledge required by this major; master creative skills and methods of expression, as well as technical knowledge required for design application; understand design methodology, it can provide a solid professional foundation for artistic creation, development and research, and project practice;
3. Information retrieval and application: be able to master the basic methods of data query, literature retrieval and access to modern information technology; master certain knowledge of foreign languages, computer applications, professional writing, etc.; have the ability to obtain cutting-edge information of art and design and apply it to creative practice;
4. Practical ability: have strong professional comprehensive practical ability, be able to create works independently or cooperatively, be able to study and participate in industry projects, and have the practical ability to meet the needs of practitioners in the industry；
5. Design research and innovation: have the spirit of research and have a certain sensitivity to the cutting-edge trends and development trends in this professional field. Have the ability to judge and analyze professional issues, form personal opinions, and present strong creative concepts in design. Have innovative spirit and entrepreneurial consciousness, be able to carry out innovative work in this major or cross-cutting field;
6. Teamwork and communication: have a sense of teamwork, can have good communication, organization and coordination, unity and cooperation ability; be able to assume the role of team member or leader in a multidisciplinary team;
7. Broad vision: dare to broaden their own knowledge boundaries, have an international vision and cross-cultural knowledge, have a sense of communication and cooperation in a cross-cultural context, and be able to introduce Chinese culture through design language;
8. Pay attention to the future and development: be able to plan the path of personal future development and self-management, with good autonomous learning ability. Pay attention to the future development direction of the field of art and design and the needs of their own sustainable development, so that individuals have a sense of lifelong learning and be able to meet the needs of the development of the times.
Ⅲ. Primary Discipline and curriculum
1、 主干学科：设计学, 计算机科学，美学
Primary Discipline (s): Discipline Design, Computer Science, Aesthetics
2、 核心课程：网页设计与开发、计算机系统、计算机编程、多媒体设计与平面、媒体技术、创新项目、视觉效果音效、 叙事设计、三维建模与动画、视频制作技术等;
Core Courses: Web Design and Development, Computer Systems, Computer Programming, Multimedia Design and Graphics, Media Technology, Innovation Project, Sound for Visual Effects, Narrative Design, 3D Modelling and Animation, Video Production Technology etc.
Main Practical Teaching Link：
Ideological and Political Practice, Professional Competition Skills Training, Major Observation, Graduation Practice, Graduation Thesis (Design).